Conference On Growth with Equity: Bangladesh
Conference On Growth with Equity: Bangladesh Perspective
A conference on “Growth with Equity” will be jointly organized by Dhaka School of Economics (DScE), Constituent Institution of University of Dhaka and Palli Karma- Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) on 09th January, 2018. Closing ceremony of the conference will be held at 4:00 pm at PKSF auditorium.
The Honourable Vice Chancellor of the University of DhakaProfessor Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman has given his consent to attend the closing ceremony as the chief guest and Md. Abdul Karim, Managing Director of PKSF will be the Guest of Honour. It will be presided over by the Eminent Economist Dr. Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad.
- 09:00am: Registration and Guests take their seat
- 09:20 am: Key points and Modus operandi of the Conference – Dr.Md. Jashim Uddin, DMD (Administration), PKSF
Working Session 1: Environmental Economy
- 09:30 am: Session Chair:Dr. A.K.M. Nazrul Islam, DScE
- 09:35 am-11:40 am: Papers related to Environmental Economics will be presented.
- 11:40 am: Address of the Special Guest: Professor Dr. Mahbuba Nasreen, Director, Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies (IDMVS), University of Dhaka
- 11:50 am: Tea Break
Working Session 2:Entrepreneurial Economics
- 12:00noon: Session Chair:Prof. Dr. Muhammad Mahboob Ali, DScE
- 12:05 pm-1:20 pm: Papers related to Entrepreneurial Economics will be presented.
- 1:10 pm: Address of Guest of Honor,Prof. Dr. Taiabur Rahman, Development of Studies, University of Dhaka.
- 1:20 pm: Address of the Special Guest: Mr. Fazlul Kader, DMD(Programs), PKSF
- 1:30 pm: Lunch and Prayer Break
Working Session 3: Development Economics
- 2:00 pm: Session Chair: Dr. Tawheed Reza Noor,DScE
- 02:05 pm-3:20 pm: Papers related to Development Economics will be presented.
- 3:30 pm: Address of the Special Guest: Prof.Dr.Rezaul Karim Talukder, Poverty and Social Protection Policy Advisor, FAO
- 3:45 pm: Tea Break
- 4:00 pm: Guests take their seats.
- 4:05 pm: Commitment to develop the nation – Recitation
- 4:15 pm: Welcome Address: Dr.Md.Jashim Uddin, DMD(Administration),PKSF
- 4:25 pm: Address by Guest of Honour: Mr. Md. Abdul Karim, Managing Director, PKSF
- 4:35 pm: Address by Chief Guest: Professor Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Vice Chancellor, University of Dhaka
- 4:50 pm: Address by Session Chair: Dr. Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad, Chairman, Governing Council, Dhaka School of Economics, & Chairman, Governing Body , Palli Karma- Sahayak Foundation
- 5:05 pm: Vote of Thanks:Mr.Golam Touhid, DMD (Finance), PKSF
- 5:10 pm: End of the program
Dr. Muhammad Mahboob Ali
Professor of Economics, DScE